Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blog Housekeeping


I just wanted to quickly post to let you all know about some exciting updates I've made on the blog today.

First, my self imposed goal is to post a new recipe every Monday. (or Tuesday if I'm running late. . . which seems to be about 50% of the time. I'm working on it, please be patient with me.) However, I may post other times in the week if I am so moved. I'll keep the content mostly related to food but I may throw in a curveball here and there just to keep things interesting.

Second, I feel the need, for some reason, to apologize that the blog is so simply designed. You wouldn't be able to guess that I was a graphic designer for over 10 years by the look of things. In my defense I left the world of graphic design to be a "stay-at-home mom" just as web was taking off. So, most of my experience is with print media. I am determined though to conquer the web. I am furiously reading through "Blogging For Dummies" and will continue to tweak and improve the blog as I learn. This is a journey and I'm glad you are along for the ride. Stick with me, it will be worth it, I hope!

Third, I need your HELP. Right now my goal is 100 followers. If you haven't already, please consider becoming a "follower". (I really dislike that term, the blog community needs to come up with a better word, it sounds so submissive. . . passive. . . any suggestions? Let's think on it!) I'd also really appreciate it if you'd pass the blog link along to your friends, post on your Facebook page "Like" my Facebook fan page Becky Bakes, and cooks too. and tweet about it. I want to do some fun things for you like some "give-aways" but need more followers to do so.  So let's get the word out.

Lastly, check out the updates I've made today. There is an option to subscribe via email which saves you from having to check the blog for updates, you'll just get an email when I post something new. There is also a link to follow me on Twitter. If you aren't on Twitter, I encourage you to sign up, it's lots of fun!

Well, that's about it for now. I'll have a new recipe for you on Monday, just haven't decided which one yet. Drop me a comment and let me know what you'd like to see: Dessert? Cookies? Dinner Ideas?

Cheers,
Becky

2 comments: