Sunday, January 1, 2012

Anniversary Top 5

My apologies for abandoning the blog the last week or so, the Holidays just overwhelmed me this year. So much to do, so little time. Add to that, that I work in retail, grocery no less, and the Holidays become even that more overwhelming. But, whew, I made it. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all that jazz. The decorations have almost all been put away and as soon as the kids are back to school it will be "business as usual". Ahhhhh. Routine is my comfort zone. I know, so boring, but it works for me. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love the holiday season but when it's over, IT'S OVER and I want my routine back. And that's that!

On January 7, 2012 it will be the official One Year Anniversary of my blog. I will officially have been a blogger for one whole year. YEA! Toot toot. (Tootin' my own horn here.) I set out to post one recipe a week and although I didn't quite do that, I did manage to post 54 times. So by my math (that being the math of an Art Major.) I think I did it. At least that's how I'm going to "spin it". Seriously the secret to inner happiness is "spin" and boy oh boy, I can "spin".

So before I move on to the New Year and new goals for the blog, I thought I'd be very cliche and recap the best of the past year. Assembled below are the top 5 post from the year. I hope you enjoyed them, I hope you tried some of them and I hope they worked for you. Seriously, if they didn't let me know! 

5. Ribs - I'm still making this recipe and it is absolutely a Family Top 5 around here.



4. Chili Frito Pie - Nothing more to say than "YUM!"



3. Pecan Tart - Oh how I love pecans.



2. Chocolate Cherry Cookies - Even though I really liked this recipe, it surprised me how many hits it got. You just never know.



1. Cinnamon Rolls - Since developing this recipe, I've made them over and over again.  They never disappoint!


And there you have it. My "Best Of" blog post. I am really excited for the new year and have a lot of goals for the blog. I got a book on food styling and photography for Christmas and hope to start improving on that front. I'm also going to try to get through a good chunk of my "Recipes To Try" file and I may be adding a few new sections to the blog. I've really enjoyed working on this blog and if you've enjoyed reading it, please pass it along to your friends because most of all I'd like to grow the blog and I can't do that without you. We're partners here, don't you see. You and me!
Happy New Year!
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment