Saturday, September 10, 2011

RIBS!


I made ribs for Labor Day Weekend. I realize that I should have made ribs before Labor Day Weekend. Then I could post how to make ribs and you could make them for Labor Day Weekend. Alas, hindsight is 20/20 but my foresight isn't. My foresight needs serious coke-bottle glasses. 

Anyway. . . its ribs and they're great, so who needs a holiday as an excuse to make 'em? I'm really not sure if this is the way you are supposed to make ribs and well I just don't care. They turn out awesome. So if some BBQ Expert wants to dis my rib cooking technique, just go for it. I'll try to ignore them as I wipe the deliciousness from my chin. No recipe here, it's not that complicated; just some simple easy steps. And, the best part is, you don't even need a grill.

Here are three of the four ingredients you need: Season Salt (any brand will do, use your favorite.), beer (just one bottle, minus a sip because I really need to make sure it's good beer. And again, use whatever you like or have on hand.) and pork ribs (baby backs, spare, I just get whatever they have at Costco on the cheap. 2 racks will do.)

Get yourself a large roasting pan. I like the disposable kind you use for Thanksgiving. A lot of "stuff" drips off the ribs and it's kind of grody and the pan makes it easy to just throw the whole mess away. Season the ribs generously on both sides with the seasoned salt. Lay them in the pan, and pour the beer into the bottom. The beer is that yellow liquid that looks like. . .nevermind, just pour it in. Pour it on the side, not over the ribs so you don't "wash" off the seasoning.

Cover the top tightly with foil. Make sure it's a tight seal. You don't want any of the moisture to escape. Put it in a 325°F oven for 2 hours. Just walk away and let it be.

After 2 hours, take them out of the oven (leave the oven on) and transfer the ribs to a foil lined cookie sheet.  Baste with your favorite barbecue sauce. I didn't even show the sauce because I mixed together the remnants from several bottles of various brands of sauce lurking in my fridge. Point is, use what you like or have. Bottled sauce suites me just find but if you have a favorite homemade recipe use that. Oh and BTW send me the recipe. Put the ribs back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Just to bake on the sauce. You can do this on a grill if you like but I find the oven works just fine. If you like a lot of sauce you can repeat this step but only go 10 minutes at a time.

This is what they look like all finished. YUM! Juicy, tender, delicious.

Hey, didn't football season just start? What's better for watchin' the game than ribs. So cook up a rack of ribs next Sunday, call up some friends and EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment